Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 2013 10:02:07 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (48 lines)
My Brest Friend Pillows make vinyl breastfeeding pillows which can be wiped between uses. Great for hospitals, home visits, support groups, and clinics. 
Laurie Beck, RN, MSN, IBCLC 

-----Original Message-----
From: Lactation Information and Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lisa O'Neill
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 9:31 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Cloth breastfeeding pillows

I forgot to sign my message .
 I am a first time poster looking to the expertise and experience of the group. I have have been asked to consider the potential infection risk of using the cloth breastfeeding pillows provided in our community breastfeeding support groups.  We have traditionally advised mothers who use these cloth pillows to cover them with waterproof pads that we provide or with their own receiving blankets; is this approach reasonable? This is being viewed by some from an infection control aspect considering breast milk as a body fluid.  I have searched the literature and the Lactnet archives and have not found anything on this topic.  There seems to be an appetite to move to vinyl pillows.  I would appreciate any feedback. 

Lisa BN RN IBCLC

Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 11:57 AM
Subject: Cloth breastfeeding pillows

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail 2. To start it again: set lactnet mail 3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet 4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

DRISCOLL CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL (DCH) DISCLAIMER
----------------------------------------------------------------
NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the message. This message has been content scanned for known viruses, spam, and undesirable content. 

Please contact the Helpdesk at DCH with questions or concerns at (361) 694-5000 or reply to [log in to unmask]
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2