Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 2010 23:15:45 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (13 lines)
Not sure if this is applicable, but a good friend of mine was nursing her third child when she reluctantly told me at 9 months that she was going to wean due to biting / chomping.  I gave her all the usual biting tips but it wasn't until I happened to stop by her house that I saw what was really going on.  Mom was standing in the middle of the kitchen nursing the baby whose body was dangling as she expertly held him to her breast with one arm.  From her "command post" she was directing the rest of the family, telling one child to go practice piano, another to clean her room, and her husband to make dinner.  Then the baby bit her and she said to me, "See, he bit me again.  I have to wean him."  My reply was, "I would have bit you too!"  As in the case, I think sometimes a baby turns to biting because Mom is distracted by life and other children and the baby is saying - "Hey - pay attention to me down here."

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2