Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 2010 20:37:24 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (38 lines)
I sent the anecdotal info off list, but others may be interested in this seminar:

Spring 2010 Pediatric Food Allergies.  It was pretty good, although he does think consistent green poop with an unhappy exclusively breastfed baby is not a sign of a problem. ;-)  

http://www.snhmc.org/programs/video/cms.htm     

On Jul 23, 2010, at 5:13 PM, Ana Grantham wrote:

> Please forgive me for posting a personal question, however the allure of advice from a group that I greatly respect is too much for me to resist.
> 
> I am a mother of 2 children, oldest is a girl, who is now 4 and 1/2 years old and youngest is a boy, now 2 and 1/2 years of age.  The first child was exclusively breastfed for 6 months, and the second child exclusively breastfed for 14 months.  They are both seen by a pulmonologist/immunologist the oldest for mild asthma and the youngest for recurrent URI's that started after contracting RSV at 6 weeks of age, and advance to ear infections within about 48 hours of URI symptoms.  Oldest child has had tonsils removed to correct sleep apnea, and youngest has had 3 sets of tubes as well as adenoidectomy.  I have not noticed an increased incidence of illness in my second child since weaning.  He has had 1 stretch of 4 weeks without illness in the past year, other than that 1week without upper respiratory symptoms is good for him.  They both attend daycare.  The youngest has had immunilogical testing IgG  levels etc all of which is WNL with the exception of slightly elevated IgE levels which was attributed to environmental allergens and he was placed on Zyrtec as well as intranasal steroids/ nasal washes daily, which seem to have helped ( day 15 with no illness!) Nasal cultures have not revealed any unusual organisms, and skin testing has revealed a borderline sensitivity to "milk". 
> 
> The more that I study lactation the question that I ask myself is "I wonder if I were to relactate, if this would help the situation?"  That is the question I pose to you, and greatly appreciate your response.
> 
>             ***********************************************
> 
> Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
> To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
> Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
> COMMANDS:
> 1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
> 2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
> 3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
> 4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2