Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jun 2009 06:16:24 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (30 lines)
Leanne, Are these babies in the NICU? If so, are the moms with them? holding them? Kangaroo care is the best for premies and it can be done. And for moms milk production. Often with all the medical concerns around premies, the very basic and essential needs get ignored such as skin to skin contact, the importance of the mother and baby's togetherness. Do these moms need support to be able to stay with their babies? Are the moms hugely stressed? What supports them ?
Mothers of premies
 can play an essential role in the babies care in the NICU, holding the baby skin to skin, changing the diapers, taking the temperature.

Lisa Boisvert Mackenzie

Date:    Fri, 5 Jun 2009 19:33:04 -0400
Subject: Fenugeek and premies

I have permission to post. My old boss who now is doing LC at Miami Children's Hospital has a problem with several Moms of premies and called me for some input. I also suggested we post to the "Net". 
These mommies have low milk supplies. She has them
 pumping on schedule, ?watching their fluid intake she inquired about the use of Fenugeek and she had Sheila Humphries herbal reference and I had 2008 Hale. Hale states one case of GI bleeding noted in premies. Knowing how my neos react that would make the herb a "nono"

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2