Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 2010 08:32:10 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
Here's how you solve your pizza dilemma.  Make dough in double or triple batches and put it in the freezer right away instead of letting it rise.  When you want pizza, bring the dough out in the AM and by the time you want to prep for supper, it has thawed (and risen while thawing) and ready to go.  I buy cheese 3 or 4 lbs at a time and grate it all at once and freeze it in 1 lbs increments.  I do admit I sometimes buy jarred pizza sauce and I save the jars and when I make a big patch of my own red sauce, I freeze it in the jars.

Try this http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Jays-Signature-Pizza-Crust/Detail.aspx or one that is a bit thinner and has more crispiness to it http://www.recipezaar.com/Sicilian-Pizza-Dough-31072  -- both of these are easy to make, taste fantastic and freeze/thaw well.  These are my go-to recipes although occasionally I do it in the bread machine but I usually just make a quadruple bath of one of these doughs once a month and then on our once a week pizza night, I'm good to go with cheese, sauce & dough and all I do is thaw, throw on topping and bake 15 - 17 minutes.  I don't need Kraft to have fast & easy pizza and I know exactly what's in it!

As for chocolate, I find that American chocolate doesn't really taste like anything with the except of Ghirardelli's (which may not be American chocolate -- I've never looked to see where the company is situated).  I do like my Cadbury's so I will be sad if that's no longer an option for me.  I try to watch the Nestle pages too so I hope that I can still enjoy the odd square of Ghirardelli with a clear conscience.  I use their 70% bittersweet cocoa chips in my baking as I like that over regular chocolate chips.

And to keep this breastfeeding related - I think that the antioxidants in the chocolate and the ease of preparation of my pizza make me a happier mother to my four children (three of whom are currently nursing, although I think my oldest nursling is very close to weaning).

Margo

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2