Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 2010 11:55:14 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (30 lines)
Hallo to you all
I have been on Lactnet of nearly 10 years and it always fascinates me to read and learn more about breastfeeding. Today I also need some information. I have searched the archives, but without success. 
I currently deal with a mom who has a 15 month old breastfed baby. She (the mom) was diagnosed with bacterial meningitis 4 days ago and was admitted in the hospital. Her baby is not allowed in to see her as she is in the same room where there are TB and other sick people. She is on Rocephin twice a day. 
She was however expressing to keep her milk flow going. Her doctor told her now that she must stop breastfeeding now as it is not safe for her baby. 
I have looked and searched in numerous places but can get no information on this.
First of all, is it going through the breastmilk? If yes, for how long will this be the case. I advised her to continue to express (pump and dump) until we have a clear answer for when it would be safe again to breastfeed her baby.
I am so annoyed by the fact that I often hear of women that were told by other people to stop breastfeeding if there were possible other solutions. It should be the mother's choice!
Please if someone can either contact me privately or on the list.
Thanks
Ingrid Groenewald

Ingrid Groenewald - PRIVATE MIDWIFE - 
Care with a Gentle Touch...
[log in to unmask]

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2