text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (51 lines)
Permission to post.
(see below)

Mom is at her wits end.

Requesting information/suggestions for a mother with hives
during breastfeeding and has even reported when husband
gives her a shoulder massage, she will break out in hives.

Mom has tried Benedryl -- no success.  I have
pointed her towards A. Heise and D. Wiessinger's paper
and also given her the following websites:

www.dmer.org/vol.htm
www.urticaria.thunderworksinc.com

Thanks !

K. Koncelik, CPD
Breastfeeding Peer Support Counselor
LLLL
Long Island, NY

> Thanks so much for being in touch!! I am managing with things...I went to see Dr "M" and she was wonderful. I talked to her about the hives but mostly she was trying to help with the breast pain. She treated me with a topical cream since I did not completely respond to the diflucan and after that I went back to see her, still uncomfortable and she said she thought I had nipple vasospams. For now she has me just using heat to treat it and it has defienitly helped some although I am still in discomfort at times. 
> 
> In terms of the hives, they have not gone away, I had finally seen an allergist who confirmed our theory about the breastfeeding. She suggested I stopped nursing but I didn't want to so I have SLOWLY been weaning some to see if there is improvement. Up until last week i did see some improvement but this week has flared up again a bit. The allergist has me avoiding some foods/meds that are additional triggers of hives since I am so hypersensitive right now. I am nursing the baby twice a day now and pumping just a little and then supplementing with formula. I am hoping to keep this up and drag it out a little longer before going to once a day, the whole thing has been pretty upsetting to me. I am doing the best I can with everything though and the baby is doing well. 
> 
> Thank you for the article, amazing what hormones can do to a person!!!! Even as I wean I have had some more hormone issues, feeling down and stuff. Hopefully everything will get sorted out in my body eventually and I hope to at least continue nursing a little for as long as I can. I will be in touch and keep you posted. 
> 
> Thank you again!!!

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2