Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (40 lines)

we heard the baby making the funniest noise the other night and
> looked at each other in surprise and said, 'is he *laughing* ? 13
> 1/2 mos old and we are finally just hearing his 1st laughter,
> singing and happy babbles. i feel like he's actually brand new now
> and i'm finally getting to see the baby he really is !
> and once again, my mothering and his well-being were directly
> affected by my membership here on lactnet. jennifer tow was pointing
> me in the direction of multiple allergies even as my ped was looking
> for leukemia, metabolic disorders and lymphoma. now i understand the
> intuitive parenting part of her siggy ! ;-)

Thank you Jacqui for your sweet comment.

I want to make this plea to everyone who works with babies--look for food allergies when everyone else is looking for serious medical problems. Allergies are becoming more and more common in the US as the food industry is so badly tainted with homogenization of the food supply (everything that is processed pretty much contains the foods that are overproduced and subsidized by the govt---such as wheat, corn, soy, cow milk, eggs). Also as more and more foods are GMOd and fewer varieties of foods are grown, allergens increase. As the environment is further polluted, we can all tolerate less "moderation in all things". Moms are typically overfed and undernourished and their guts are badly damaged by abx and other meds, by yeast, heavy metals, processed foods, pesticides and other toxins and of course, inflammation and stress, as well as a lack of nutrient-dense foods.

I have worked with 2 babes recently who were on the road to being disabled by intensive medical interventions and being pressured toward artificial feeding (one mom was told her baby has "breastmilk colitis" by a ped GI). The baby just didn't want the food that made her tummy hurt that was IN her mother's milk--she loves the milk itself. Both babies were labeled FTT and both moms were made to feel like bad mothers for breastfeeding them. Lots of threats were involved in the push to use AIM as the "cure". Both babies have severe food allergies and both moms were more than willing to eliminate all traces of allergen, just as Jacqui has been.

I suspect lots of those older babies that Angela sees with feeding problems whom she spoke of in the NICU thread have food allergies. (Probably quite a few also have undiagnosed posterior TTs)

Most importantly (Jacqui--I hope you are reading this), mom MUST have her own gut healed. You cannot just eliminate allergens and hope the baby outgrows them. While the gut may heal, we do not simply outgrow allergies. Indeed, many babies just develop more and more as the mother continues to dump her proteins across her own leaky gut into her bloodstream and thus into her milk supply. When mom's gut heals, this can no longer happen.

So, again, please pay attention to allergens in kids who look like they have serious medical problems. Food allergies are a serious impediment to normal development and function and must be attended to. And they are very, very common!

Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA
Intuitive Parenting Network LLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2