Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 1997 22:06:18 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (5 lines)
Hi, fellow netters.
I have a similar story about pumping for twins and deep breast pain.  This mom has severe pain during pumping for the entire session.  Entire breast hurts and it's bilateral. No itching, burning, no flaking.  Babies still on ventilator - never breastfed yet.  Mom was on antibiotics about 3 weeks ago for UTI.  No vaginal yeast.  Has had poor production all along.  Is VERY stressed - she and her husband both. She had started using Fenugreek tea to increase production about 24 hours before the pain began.  Supply increased for a couple of days, then decreased again, even while using the tea (actually, she took the capsules).  I suggested several things: Could be a reaction to Fenugreek that I've never seen.  Could be ductal yeast and needs to take Diflucan.  (No evidence of lumps, redness or engorgement that would overtly suggest mastitis).   Also, suggested massage. She said her husband had massaged her back ( she massaged her breasts and used warm packs before pumping).  Said it didn't help.  We spoke one afternoon, and by the next morning, when I saw her, she had already decided to stop pumping altogether.  My question:  does she still need to pursue the source of this problem - i.e. does she need to try Diflucan or should she just wait to see if pain does not return since she has stopped pumping?   Have I missed anything - any suggestions?  I anxiously await your responses, oh wise ones... Thank you!!
Dani Hudspeth
[log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2