Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (34 lines)
----- Original Message ----- 
  To: Cindy Curtis 
  Cc: [log in to unmask] 
  Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 12:32 PM
  Subject: Advise

Dear Lactnetters
  Have a lady, had her 3 baby acouple of days ago. The last two, only fed a few days and few weeks! Says Milk dried up- I suggested she has have not made sure of attachment and lack of stimulation caused the depletion of supply. Checked diet and fluid intake as well also mentioned sleep deprivation and stress as a cause!!!
  She said this wasn't so- as she had been to the Lact consult too ++ the last time as she wanted to feed.
  She has rather strange right nipple. To look at it - It's like the forefinger and second finger bent at the second joints and held separate but in miniture size. Mum is reluctant to be patience with attachment- saying she always fails to use it! Also the centre between the nipples starts to bleed after a couple of feeds and she won't use it! I have positioned the baby in various positions and attachment has been good and This Bub feeds from it well- there is milk exchange as visible first milk flowing! However she says she will give up when home as it always happened.
  The other nipple, which she  all feeds off last two times is a very much inverted nipple. With nipple shield and supply line and Expressed Breast Milk, I had that baby attaching to the nipple after a couple of days but the right one seems a problem. Reinforcement of Position and attachment seem to make little difference---- I finished feeling I had failed to satisfy her and my appreciation of her problem!!!!
  Any suggestions?
  Robyn J Aulmann, 
  P.O. Box 77
  Rutherglen Vic 3685
  Australia
  Home 61 2 60328199
  Mobile 0417832936
  Email<[log in to unmask]> or <[log in to unmask]>

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2