Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 2010 09:24:55 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
I have been lurking for awhile, but recently took a new position and was hoping someone may be in a similar position.  I did try searching the archives, but didn’t find exactly what I was looking for.  I am a pediatric nurse and an IBCLC and I took a nurse position in a pediatric group office.  When I was interviewed they were excited about my extra breastfeeding knowledge, but were not sure how that would fit into the role.  Now that the clinic is up and running, we are trying to figure out how to fit my role as a LC into the clinic.  This is a brand new clinic and pediatrics is a new venture for the health system we are a part of, but they have a large birthing center at the hospital and a group of LC’s who I plan to work with closely.  I was hired as a nurse so the IBCLC is not part of my job description.  One of the pediatricians is also an IBCLC, she is part time and I am full time.  Our main insurer will cover a lactation consult, but only if the consult is done by a doctor.  Right now if I am working with a dyad it is usually while they are in the office for a visit with one of the peds or it is scheduled under a nurse visit (like a weight check) and I just document under that visit and there is no charge for my services as a LC.  I guess I want to know if there are any other nurses out there in a peds office who also is a LC and what your workflow is and how you charge, if any.  The group of docs views this as a great service we can offer our patients.  Feel free to email me if you do not want to post.  Thanks in advance!

Laura Wilson, RN, CPN, IBCLC, RLC
[log in to unmask]

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2