Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 19:15:56 +0300
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (14 lines)
I was born in Australia in the early sixties, my mother breastfed all three of us kids despite the fact that NONE of her girlfriends nursed their babies, as my mom says "it just wasn't fashionable at the time to breastfeed". luckily for us , she followed her instincts and decided to breastfeed despite total lack of peer support. she proudly tells me that she had so much milk, the nurses asked her to express milk into a bowl for the preemies.
I can't attribute my mothers abundance of milk to vegemite as she is the daughter of immigrants who weren't aware of the Australian delicacy (vegemite), but us kids of course grew up on the black, stinky, salty, divine stuff.
I now live in Israel, raising my two daughters and would seriously kill for a jar of vegemite (and also some minties and a cherry ripe or two, thank you very much).
I know vegemite contains vegetable extract, yeast and tons of salt. it also has alot if niacin in it (all this from memory), to what extent these ingredients can increase milk production, I don't know, but its a nice thought.

Jackie Atiya,   BC in Israel  -who the only thing she craved for during both pregnancies was a stack of piping hot toast with melted butter and vegemite.

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2