Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Sep 2014 07:58:11 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (42 lines)
My leg (and hip) often hurt at night if I lie on my side. I have spinal stenosis and a bulging disk in my back.

Holly McSpadden, IBCLC

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 13, 2014, at 1:40 AM, "the juliest person you know            " <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> 
> A woman called me today with this problem.  Her doctor had said to call a lactation consultant.  The baby is one year old, and when they breastfeed at night, and only at this time, the mom's left leg hurts.  It does not hurt during the day when she is pumping only.  The only thing I can think of is how her body is positioned; however, they lie down when breastfeeding at night, so why would her leg hurt?  The problem started a few months ago and has been getting worse.  First child, so no previous experience with this, and she had no pain in her leg before pregnancy or the birth.  Your thoughts?
> 
> Julie Tardos
> 
> ====
> I went to rehab in wine country just to keep my options open.  -- Robin Williams
> 
>             ***********************************************
> 
> Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
> To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
> Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
> COMMANDS:
> 1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
> 2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
> 3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
> 4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

"This electronic mail message contains information which may be confidential, privileged and protected from further disclosure. Such information relates to and is used for all purposes outlined in the statutes below, including Peer Review, Performance Improvement, Quality Assurance and Claims Management and Handling functions and/or Attorney-Client Communications. It is being produced within the scope of all Georgia and Federal laws governing record confidentiality, including (but not limited to) Official Code of Georgia Annotated Sections 31-7-15; 31-7-130; 31-7-131; 31-7-132; 31-7-133; 31-7-140; 31-7-143. 
If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, photocopying, distribution or use of the contents of the received information is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please reply to the sender immediately and permanently delete this message and all copies of it. Thank you.

Communication of electronic protected health information (ePHI) is protected under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Act of 1996. Electronic mail (e-mail) communication is not encrypted or secure. The HIPAA Security Rule allows for patients to initiate communication of personal health information over this medium and for providers to respond accordingly with the understanding that privacy of communication is not guaranteed."

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2