Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 2010 23:57:51 +0100
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (30 lines)
Hi all,

Last year in June, I told you about the high school exam for chemistry, that featured a premie formula from N** in a really elaborate question (out of four or five in total).
I protested with a long letter and believe it or not... I received a reply to that letter last week, more than half a year later! ;-)
They inform me that the inspection, responsible for checking what the Exam Committe does, will put my letter on the agenda for the next meeting.
That is no guarantee that they will never make such a dumb mistake again, but at least my letter made it to the highest level. That is not a bad result at all!
I've adopted a new motto, after talking to someone about the WHO-code issues some two weeks ago.
She said: "If you have the courage to stand up for something, you will have to live with the consequences."
(Yeah, I know, but that's not always a nice thing... I'm not a dragon and don't like to be treated like one! ;o))
Okay, here comes the motto-remark she made after that: "It's a matter of raising awareness."
Even though the conversation did not solve all the things I addressed, I do feel that this is important and true.
Once you start tackling issues with an ethical edge, you won't change things overnight. It's a slow process of raising awareness.
I will; I'll keep writing letters.
They do work sometimes, don't they, Morgan?! :o)

Bye,

Marianne Vanderveen IBCLC, Netherlands

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2