text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (26 lines)
Dawn wrote:
>Sometimes I'd like to just move in for a shift with a mom and dad and
babe and help a little more! <

Norma Ritter: 
>But isn't that exactly what is needed?
It was my priviledge (and pleasure!) to be the doula at the births of all my grandbabies. . . I stayed with them for at least a week after the birth to help with the breastfeeding. I would like to ask a question of those other grandmothers on this
list who have done the same for their families. . . ?"Do you think it really made a difference?"<

Yes, Norma, I think it makes a difference. That constant loving support from a very trusted source?is important. Of course, I think that those who have grown up under our care?know that breastfeeding is important and worth working for. I stayed with my daughter in the hospital for the first?26 hours after?the birth of her first child by emergency cesarean. (She was only in the hospital for about 40 hrs.) I was also very verbal about the fact that I?was a mother-baby nurse and a lactation consultant.?The?hospital staff was supportive & didn't interfere. I lived near her & visited their home every evening for at least a week and took phone calls when I wasn't there. It was wonderful to be there for them during that time. Her mother-in-law, a nurse & very supportive woman, stayed with her every day during that week. We were lucky to have her also.

Laura Hart
Winter Park, Florida

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
Mail all commands to [log in to unmask]
To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or [log in to unmask])
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet or ([log in to unmask])
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2