Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2013 15:49:10 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
I'm sure others much more expert than I will reply - but in my experience, yes, this can endure and the intervention of a chiropractor or others knowledgeable in infant manipulation/treatment can provide great relief to both mother and babe! 

Just as in many situations, the position of the baby's head, neck, shoulders and the own mother's bone structure would provide a great deal of variation in how affected a baby would be by vacuum delivery.  It is not just the area of the head in contact with the vacuum that is being affected, but all the parts that follow and may be pushed or pulled in directions they were never meant to go!  Of course there is also the skill of the person who is performing the "vacuum assisted delivery"  - and even the situation itself - there are times when the baby's life my require a more forceful delivery than would normally be performed.  

Thus if mother or baby seem to have problems, it makes sense to refer for an evaluation and intervention if needed...

Jeanette Panchula, BSW, RN, PHN, IBCLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2