Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2008 11:22:14 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (17 lines)
In my experience with similiar moms a latch issue will cause the bleb, there will be no backup and the shooting pains are like a vasospasm in the breast and cause severe pain. My last mom came back to me after the doctors told her they were going to biopsy her breast to look for anything! Some of them had a good let down and the baby was bringing up her tongue to block flow and creating it that way. Others were older and were from getting distracted and pulling back on the breast a lot. Either way, we kept soaking the breast and rubbing (I avoid aspiration if I can as I have seen too much damage in many cases) and help the latch issue, sometimes adding lethicin as was done and add in ibuprofen and warmth after (similiar to what you would do for raynauds). Whether it was luck or not it worked on all my babies thus far. Only one had an actual plugged area, the rest just an evident bleb. It was explained to me that the milk was runnig but slower and probably applying pressure on a nerve causing the shooting pains. Fix that, fix the pain after the nerve has had time to "heal" Good luck...

Emily Lindsey, BSPsy, CLE

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2