Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Sep 2009 14:30:56 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (30 lines)
My company was involved in an expo yesterday geared toward pregnant women and babies.

We went in the night before for a run through and I noticed all of the cases of formula samples.
(here is a picture of their set up the night before- http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/sayer588/2009_09250019.jpg)

During the show, I thought it was odd that two older men were working the table.  Almost every other table was run by women.  Is there a reason why they use older men to man these events?

They were handing out "Healthy Start Kits" and signing women up for the "Strong Moms Club".  (Abbott Similac) 

The table next to theirs featured a "Baby Friendly Hospital".  That lady was not happy about being set up next to the formula table!

But the Indiana Breastfeeding Bank was there giving out lots of info and had a quiet place set up for nursing moms.

So back to my question- is there a reason that they formula company was using older men as their representatives?  Was it just a coincidence that day or is it something that they always do?

Thank you!
Christie
www.SweetPeaRingSlings.com

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2