Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2018 22:10:55 +0100
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (50 lines)
Dear all,

Our second daughter had her first son on October 14th, 2017. Today, she had her fourth or fifth mastitis in the right breast.

The first was in the left breast (and she received antibiotics, although I think she could have done without), but the others were all in the right breast.

She has had several ‘sound waves’ (? not ‘ultrasound’, is it?) treatments for that breast, which helps to make strings and blobs come loose and come out of the breast.

(The first time that she discovered that these were there, was because she pumped (sore nipple…) and poured the milk into a different container.)

With the second and third bout of mastitis, the breast became very red and very large and painful and now, after 2,5 months, the normal colour still hasn’t returned.

She had another AB for that rights breast with the 2nd and 3rd bout, has taken lecithine for a number of weeks now, has used antibiotic cream on the nipple, has given the breast some rest, has seen production dip and get back on track again, is feeding on that breast again, but still… last night, all of a sudden, she felt sick again: threw up, was a little feverish, had problems with the breast again, noticed the nipple was feeling more sore.

I really don’t know any more what to suggest to her. ☹

Boy had tongue tie and was treated by a very well-experienced IBCLC/midwife (tongue and lip tie).

Personally, I feel his drinking technique could still do with some improvement, but our daughter feels he can empty the breast well.

If he could not, one would expect, maybe, to also see drainage problems on the left side (which has been okay for months now).

If you have ideas as to how to deal with this and prevent yet another bout… I would very much appreciate your thoughts!

Kind regards,

Marianne Vanderveen-Kolkena IBCLC, BSc

Netherlands

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2