Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:58:21 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (32 lines)
Happy New Year to Everyone!!

I have not posted in a long time, so to re-introduce myself...I am a hospital and peds 
office-based LC and childbirth educator.  I don't think this has been mentioned recently, but 
I highly recommend encouraging other like-minded folks, your daughters, students, 
patients, health professionals, co-workers, etc., to see Ricki Lake's documentary, "The 
Business of Being Born" (see www.thebusinessofbeingborn.com), which is being shown in 
selected cities around the country.  My husband and a co-worker of mine went and 
thoroughly enjoyed it and my husband commented that we need to buy a copy when it 
becomes available, to show our 25 and 23 year old daughters.  One of the couples from my 
childbirth class attended, at my suggestion, and appreciated having their eyes opened to the 
realities of birth in the U.S. (other than what I tell them in class.  And this couple avoided a 
C/S, but did experience the vacuum extractor and several days in the NICU which was 
another eye-opening experience and very stressful to them.  Maybe for a second baby 
they'll investigate other options!).  I have no financial interest in this movie...just a passion 
for educating others about the normalcy of birth. 

Here's to a wonderful new year for you and yours!
Cherie Price, PA, IBCLC, LCCE, CD(DONA), LLLL, Mother of 4
Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2