Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2010 16:33:14 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (42 lines)
Let's get this straight.  The mom started a bottle from the beginning - decreased stimulation and demand: decreased prolactin receptors.  She's a smoker:  documented decreased supply with high dopamine stimulation by nicotine and decreased prolactin.  So NATURALLY we would conclude that fenugreek TEA of an unknown quantity and duration dried up her milk.  Love the logic.  Time for me to go home! 

-----Original Message-----
From: Lactation Information and Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Terri Klein
Sent: Friday, August 13, 2010 11:26 AM
Subject: fenugreek

Dear Lactnet members
I Work in a hospital setting. I follow breastfeeding mom for a year. When I cannot contact them I send out surveys every 3-6 months. They are told that they can contact me by phone, set up an appointment or stop in to see me with any difficulty. I received a survey back that this mom states at 3 months she dried up and blames it on fenugreek. She didn't say how long or often she drank the tea but that it made her dry up.
She was a smoker, Wic client and started to supplement with a bottle the first day of baby's birth.  This history tells me her body quit producing. My reason for writing is if anyone has had fenugreek decrease supply?
Most patients that I have had experience usually see some increase depending upon how often they use it and are nursing, pumping etc.
Warmly,

Terri Klein RN, IBCLC, RLC
Registered Lactation Consultant
Central Michigan Community Hospital
Phone 989 772 3856
Fax: 989 772 6853
[log in to unmask] consider the environment before printing this e-mail 

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail 2. To start it again: set lactnet mail 3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet 4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2