> Begin forwarded message:
> 
>> From: Sue Boyer <[log in to unmask]>
>> Date: September 16, 2013, 7:14:20 PM PDT
>> To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
>> Subject: Hospital based RN IBCLC
>> 
>> 
>> I am an RN IBCLC & work in a 42 bed couplet unit . A few comments . We work very hard to initiate & support exclusive breastfeeding in multi cultural , diverse populations .when you are in private practice motivated mothers contact you for breastfeeding support . We nurture , support , & teach the very basics of latch with diverse mothers who may or may not be committed to exclusive breastfeeding . We are facing late pre term babies , medicated mothers , inductions , epidurals , fentanyl   & tired exhausted couplets with perhaps their birth plan totally gone & frustration & even disappointment . No one talks about our medically invasive birthing & the expectation breastfeeding will be easy & natural when our babies are products of a very unnatural birth experience . We encourage every 2-3 hour feeding attempts to help the milk come in & prevent a 10% weight loss which will necessitate supplementation by MD orders . We work hard & do our best to initiate , educate , promote , & support breastfeeding . There is no
>> Need for criticism as we all have the same goal , to support & encourage breastfeeding . Thank you to all who work with moms & babies in whatever capacity & timeline you interact with these couplets . Just like Mommy wars , working or stay @
>> Home we would do well to support. , be open , work together because really we are working for the same goal . Thanks 2 all , Sue Boyer RNC, IBCLC , Modesto , Ca
>> Sent from my iPhone

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2