Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 2010 09:14:48 +0200
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (42 lines)
Just wanted to share some exciting news about a friend who lives in Jacksonville florida USA. She got a “late start” on motherhood and said as much as she hoped to have more than one child, if her daughter ended up being an only child, at least they would have shared a normal duration breastfeeding relationship.

About a year and half ago her OB told her she need to quit breastfeeding so she could resume normal menstrual cycles, because at almost 40 (at that time) she would definitely have trouble conceiving, probably need reproductive assistance anyway, but that there was no way she would get pregnant unless she weaned. 

My friend of course switched OBs (and at another time pediatricians, because her current one wasn’t supportive about something related to breastfeeding, I don’t remember what….) (but both times my friends on lactnet were able to recommend more family friendly providers ☺), and she and her daughter had a great support network of LLL and attachment parenting groups.

She emailed me many months ago to share her exciting news when she resumed menstrual cycles..

Daughter turned 2 in june, mom turned 41 in july, and they are now expecting a sibling next February!! No assistance needed, no weaning,… just letting her body work the way nature intended!

She says “L  is still nursing - she still nurses for naps and to go to sleep at night and then first thing in the a.m. - and when we go to LLL and attachment parenting meetings, when she sees the other little ones doing it, she's like, "Me, too!"  Ha-ha!  My nipples are pretty sore, so the initial latch on is like, "Ayyyeee!" but then it's fine.”

Yippeeee! Thanks to lactnet for helping me find the resources to support them!

Her very happy friend,

Vicki hayes, rn ibclc, mom of 3, in chipiona spain (where my parents are currently visiting from Virginia, USA!)

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2