Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2012 17:44:49 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (24 lines)
<Just to second Pat – that was my first thought.  When my second was a baby I woke up one morning with a big bruise on the side of my breast, I figured when very sleepy she tried to latch and missed, then re-attached.  With me also being very sleepy I didn’t notice until morning.  The bruise went away with no further issues.

As a side note, the reason this was my first thought when it happened was because my hubby would wake me up some nights because – since he usually slept without a shirt - she was trying to nurse on him.>

One more vote to add to the 'bruises on breast' answer attributing it to a soundly, dozing mother, mis-latching infant.

This happened to me just once, about 2 weeks after I had finished the steep learning curve and arrived at the reward period in my first successful nursing experience (4th child). I figured it out right away, as I had been very sleepy that night. 

Problem was, the bruise appeared the morning of the day I was getting my 6 week OB checkup;-) The doc raised his eyebrow when he saw it, but my explanation satisfied his curiosity. 

K. Jean Cotterman RNC-E, IBCLC
WIC Vounteer LC  Dayton OH

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2