Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Aug 2008 12:59:41 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (36 lines)
I?am developing a research proposal.

My research question is: "How accurately do mothers recall breastfeeding support and instructions provided in the postpartum period?"

I have developed the participant and design criteria. Participants will be primips, < 72 hours following birth, singleton pregnancy with delivery of a healthy infant > 38 weeks of gestation,?hospital delivery.

I will be using a quantitative approach, one-group posttest only design method. This means there is no comparison group and I am examining the data via questionnaire one time following the intervention. The intervention will consist of the support and instructions. 

I need to develop the instrument for the questionnaire. This is where you all come in to help me!

I need 10 questions that the participant will be asked in regards to the support and instructions provided via the hospital consult. 

They may be closed ended, open ended or multiple choice. I can convert them to be consistent for my instrument. Example: How many times were you told to breastfeed your baby in a 24 hour period? How often were you told to breastfeed your baby in a 24 hour period? etc. etc.

I need more questions and I am asking any of you, for input! Which I love, but this puts pressure on you to...please participate!

I have about a week before I need to finalize my instruments, I would appreciate any of your input!

Remember, my topic, design, methods, have all been selected. The outcome of this research may be used to inform further research that may help scientifically establish 'why' mothers may not accurately recall the support and instructions (I know we could all offer a gazillion answers right now without spending?$$$ and time to establish this...but that is what evidence based is all about!)?and subsequently help us identify 'what' we could do to maximize their recall and 'how' we could accomplish that.

Thank-you!!

Michelle H. Kinne ICCE CD(DONA) CLE
www.DoulaDiva.org

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2