Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 2009 08:43:11 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (44 lines)
To all who have responded so far:

THANK YOU so much. I called the parents last night (they're night owls like me) and went 
over some of the ideas with them and the father was so excited to get the responses. 

Lots of information and ideas for them to go through - they are so very thankful for all of 
your imput.

Mom and baby are coming to the Florida LLL conference this weekend (It's 6-7 hours from 
where we live) and she's hoping to possibly meet with Dr. Newman (she emailed him as 
well) and ask his opinion. 

Unfortunately our area is severely limited when it comes to finding therapists who are 
experienced and well-trained. I have suggested that they contact the Brilliant Minds 
Institute in Destin, FL - which does therapy for autistic children. Even if Dacen is not 
autistic the institute may be bringing in the right kinds of therapists that he needs. 

I've referred her to a local ENT whom I have found to be very supportive when it comes 
to breastfeeding and who also will not throw you out of his office if you are non-vaxing. 
Many of the pediatricians in this area will not accept your child as a patient unless you 
sign an agreement that you will follow the CDC's vaccination schedule. This poses a huge 
problem for many of my clients and LLL moms as many either do not vax or selectively 
vax or delay vaccines. If he is unable to help them I will refer them out of state to a 
pediatric ENT in Birmingham, AL. 

Thanks again - 1 more day until we leave on our "vacation." We're traveling as a family 
to the LLL conference, but I have a feeling my husband doesn't appreciate how much time 
he'll be "mommy" while I attend sessions! I'm so excited to hear Dr. Newman speak (and 
all the others).

- Anne, CLEC, LLLL
(hoping to finally have enough BC hours to take the exam in 2010!)

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2