Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 15:10:53 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
Hello!
My name is Dawn Martin.  I am a new subscriber to Lactnet.  One of the first posts I received was the one from Mr. Knox (a bit of a shock) so I've been lurking for a few days to see if I was going to stay on the list.  I've been delighted to find that the rest of the posts really are about lactation and not politics. 

Since I've decided to stay a little bit about me.  I've been a LLL Leader in Austin TX for the past 5 years.  I'm currently studying to sit for the IBCLE this coming July, a doula in training, life-partner to Ron and mom to five (ages 9, 6, 2, 1 & 9 mos.)  The first three biological and breastfed long-term (the youngest still nursing).  The younger two are my husband's grandchildren who we are raising and may have the opportunity to adopt.  The baby gets milk from our local milk bank (our pictures were in the recent USA Today article on milk banks!)  My professional background is in substance abuse counseling working primarily with women, although I've also worked in programs with men, juveniles and criminal justice clients.  I enjoy reading for pleasure (well I use to), gourmet cooking especially if it involves chocolate, drinking coffee with my gal pals and a rich fantasy life where the laundry and the dishes are always done.

I'm loving the vast amount of experience and variety of backgrounds on the list and looking forward to this exchange of ideas and knowledge!

Dawn Martin
in beautiful Austin, TX 

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2