Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Oct 2016 18:32:31 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (1 lines)
I am a Lactation Consultant and BFHI co-ordinator in a Secondary unit in New Zealand. When a baby is referred to me my plan begins with place the baby skin 2 skin, sometimes you need to actually describe naked mummy and naked baby but many concerns are reduced once they have practised s2s for a large part of their waking hours.

sue

Sue Pace | Lactation Consultant & BFHI Coordinator | Lakes District Health Board

Private Bag 3023 | Rotorua Mail Centre | Rotorua 3046

Tel 07 348 1199 ext 8428 | Mobile 027 4057798 | Fax 07 349 7983 | [log in to unmask]

Office location Tawa room, Ngati Whakaue Building, 1st Floor North Wing, Rotorua Hospital, Pukeroa Road, Rotorua

-----Original Message-----

From: Lactation Information and Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Laurie Wheeler

Sent: Tuesday, 4 October 2016 2:16 a.m.

To: [log in to unmask]

Subject: sore nipples

I really think that clothing is the enemy of latch. Skin to skin is not continued very long. It seems we have been successful with The Golden Hour or even two hours, then everyone gets dressed. There is no privacy in hospitals, there are too many services coming and going. Perhaps mothers and babies could be in a 24 hour Topless State with no photo sessions and other unnecessary interruptions during that time. Recovery and Transition are too short.

There is too much physical distance between mother and her baby's body, and too much clothing. Just my opinion.

Laurie Wheeler RN MN IBCLC

Gulf Coast Mississippi USA

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html

To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]

COMMANDS:

1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail 2. To start it again: set lactnet mail 3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet 4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

Statement of confidentiality: This e-mail message and any accompanying attachments may contain information that is in confidence and subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate, distribute, or copy this message or attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message. The Lakes District Health Board website is www.lakesdhb.govt.nz

This email has been scrubbed for your protection by SMX.

For more information visit http://smxemail.com

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html

To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]

COMMANDS:

1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail

2. To start it again: set lactnet mail

3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet

4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2