Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 1996 08:16:13 +0200
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (12 lines)
I didn't sleep very well last night, tried to think of some diplomatic things to say. Woke up today ( 7 hrs. ahead of Eastern US) and found Marie Schulte's post - outstanding. We seem to have a rhythm here - things start to get hot and/or boring Coach Smith, Aunt Kathy Bruce, Maureen Minchim, Our Blessed Lady of the Allergies ( not necessarily in that order), then I, put in our two cents/pence/agorot. I usually end up by saying ENOUGH  and it usually works - except this time it died for a while and came back. Let's bury it please. Or lets set up a separate list for civics and add the word xenophobia to Lesson One.

I just had this thought with all of our discussion on advertising- there is an ad on CNN (I think) saying that advertising gives choice - how would you know you needed or wanted something if you didn't know it existed??? Also alludes to sponsorship of various events, etc.  Then I remembered a public service advert on US TV about volunteers - if there were no volunteers there would be no schools, libraries, museums, hospitals,etc. CONFUSING, no?

I think as time goes by the issues will be even more confused and we have to think of ways to deal with them. Jeanette, you have posed a real riddle. I think we remember why we boycott the big N, but we don't know WHOM to boycott since they don't proclaim ownership on the labels of most of thier products (Lancome lipstick by N?).

Question of the week- do we bombard Dr. Brian with wardrobe suggestions for  his talk, since many of us are anticipating buying the video of his lecture?  Dr. B.- did you ever think so many people would be concerned with how you look?

Time for some comic relief - I am waiting- I mean send in something funny, not make a fool of yourself.

zapping you all with good vibes from Tel-Aviv (before the humidy hits)  EVI

ATOM RSS1 RSS2