Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:39:39 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (25 lines)
Hello there,

I was wondering if someone could answer or find some info for me:

Permission to post:  Mother is 48 years old, first baby, 1 week old.  Mother says she is pumping whenever baby is not at breast which is every 2-3 hours and she can get a few drops out of right breast and a teaspoon or so out of left breast.  Baby definitely hungry and frustrated after feedings and mom is supplementing due to definite lack of production.  Mom says she did not see any changes in breast size during pregnancy and also since the birth.  When I asked mom about any increase in her postpartem bleeding. she says she did notice yesterday or the day before that her flow got a little bit  heavier and brighter red when it had already darkened.  We talked about mothers milk tea and she says she is allergic to cilantro, coriander and lemongrass and is wondering if she could potentially be allergic to the fenugreek in the tea as well.  I was also suggesting to mom that blessed thistle works well together with the fenugreek as supplements to help increase supply and would check out the allergy potentials for her.

So, I guess my questions are about the allergy to the herbs, could she also be allergic to feugreek and blessed thistle, and also what have been your experiences with allergies to these herbs listed above?

Mom is going to talk to her hcp about the increased bleeding could she have some retained placenta and also about starting Reglan.  Any other ideas?  I also forgot to mention that baby was born via c-sect.

Thanks in advance for letting me pick your brains!!

Wendy Beals, LLLL (hoping to be a candidate for the IBLCE in 2010)

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2