Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 14:22:27 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (17 lines)
I am grateful to Jan for posting the link to this article.  I receive the newsletter, but usually toss it without reading as I personally feel it spends too much time belittling my nursing education.  I almost tossed this one when it came last week (not 2 years ago), but the words "Scope of Practice" caught my eye.  Thinking I might want to quote a few key points in an LN post, I started reading and underlining.  By the tiime  was done, I had underlined at least 3/4 of the article!  LCs were not on her list of professions affected, because the author was talking particularly about liscensed occupations.  However, most of it applied to our situation as well.  I liked the way she pointed out that the knowledge explosion means that no one person or profession can know all there is to know about health, hence the growth in the number of allied health disciolines.  In spite of this, some MDs (not all, certainly not those who are on LN) still feel the need to control and maintain "ownership" of ALL health information.  
If you haven't downloaded this article and read it, please do.  It is certainly worth the time.  Here's the link again.
_http://www.nursingmattersonline.com/print_newsdetail.asp?newsid=1428

Winnie

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET email list is powered by LISTSERV (R).
There is only one LISTSERV. To learn more, visit:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2