Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 11:27:53 +0200
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (12 lines)
Debi and all out there looking for funding,
I have been working also on a voluntary basis at the non-profit bf center I have created within the framework of Mamash - which is a non-profit enrichment center for parents and infants. The activities, such as baby massage classes, music for toddlers, open house, weekly support discussions would ideally aid in covering expenses for such a service. In addition, I apply to each and every company that someone recommends me to, although in Israel, the pickings are alot slimmer than in the grand US of A. There are enormous corporations in American and it is very "IN" for these companies to distribute their monies for charitable causes. I have found, after so many years (nearly 20) that we are very very low on the totem pole and therefore have to find very specific donors. Sometimes it is surprising where one can come up with success. (i.e. the main petrol (gasoline) company - I offered them the jingle "the gasoline of life - breastmilk) Well, it didn't get me the big bucks, but it did add $500 to our kitty. We held a raffle - round trip ticket to London, and about 40 other prizes that we managed to received gratis - and brought in about $4,000. People who receive councelling pay in what they can/want to, which also helps. I gobbled up the site that Alexis posted, of Rob Reiner, www.IamYourChild.org  and looked into each and every fund and backer of his site to see if we could fit into their criteria. I would recommend you do that, because most of the charities there work only within the nations borders, so you may find something there. Most of my success in fund raising has come from private donors who happened to come our way, through our services. It is a 24 hour-a-day job just looking for funds and now I have gotten to the stage where I am looking for a professional fund-raiser or pr person to work on a commission basis.
Good luck to you and everyone out there !! 

Ellen Shein, IBCLC in  Tel Aviv

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2