Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 2006 10:05:40 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
Hi all,

Two posts in one...Way back in 1984, when I converted and got married in the Catholic church, my husband and I took a Natural Family Planning course, instructed by a teaching couple from the Couple to Couple League, the organization that John and Sheila Kippley founded.  That was my very first exposure to anything breastfeeding, and obviously it had a profound effect on my life. 

I had been formula fed, had only seen one of my aunts breastfeeding a few times when I was 5 (and everyone thought she was odd - her boys are the "smart cousins" ), thereafter never really giving it much thought.   So,  the idea of extended infertility - without abstinence- was extremely appealing for me and MDH.  That led to reading Sheila's first book on the subject, Ecological Breastfeeding and Natural Mothering.  The course went over a lot of this information as well.  We were so happy with the NFP method, as it actually worked both ways (postponing and acheiving pregnancy) that within 4 years we became CCL instructors ourselves, and taught for many years.  I highly recommend it for many reasons. Thanks Sheila, wherever you are!

BF in the Movies: The Last Emperor, shows approx 2-3 yr old little emperor being carried to the palace in a litter with his wet nurse...in a later scene he takes milk from her around age 7 or so...before the advisors send her away so he can grow up...boo, hiss...Ta ~ Annalee Hulburt, IBCLC 

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2