Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 00:05:44 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (39 lines)
Dear Lactnetters,

I am looking for advice on the following matter.  If this in not a good place to answer, e-mail me privately at [log in to unmask]  

I am thinking about sitting for an exam in 2004.  I am not sure I qualify for one thing.  The other concern is lack of real life hands-on experience.  Here's what I have.  

I have completed two years of university in Ukraine.  The number of hours that I spent studying is roughly equivalent to  110 US credit hours (120 is usually required to graduate with a Bachelor degree).  I am going to evaluate my transcript with a US agency (Foreign Academic Credential evaluation) to know exactly how many hours they will transfer and credit.  

I have been a LLL leader since October 2000.  I have taken a certain number of CEUs or CERPs.  Hopefully I kept all the records, because at the time I didn't intend to use them for any purpose.  

I have intensively counseled privately through the Internet since March 2000.  I was told on the phone to record everything I have done via the net.  It is almost impossible to go back and do all that, because I'd say there is an average of four questions a day everyday year-round.  The other concern is getting someone to verify that I actually have been doing this.  I do know (all through the website were I go) a Russian US doctor (don't know her specialty though), a Canadian public healthcare nurse and a Norwegian family doctor who could provide some sort of feedback.  

And I have a year and half to do something realistic to meet the necessary requirements, preferably through the internet as much as possible.

Do I have a chance to meet the requirements?  Hopefully pathway B.  Or is it somewhat a stretch, and it's better to plan to postpone the plans to sit for the exam for a later date.

I would really appreciate realistic thoughts and/or on my situation.  

Sincerely,
Natalie Wilson
LLL of NC
AAPL

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2