Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Aug 2011 11:20:54 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (13 lines)
Fellow Lactneters: I am an IBCLC and have received a  sopena to testify in a battle between 2 parents regarding the weaning of their 18 mo old daughter. I appear on Thursday. The situation: couple has been divorced since before birth of baby. She has been breastfed and just started going to overnight visits with the dad. She had been nursing 6 times per day, and mom has just requested that she be allowed to nurse her 1 time a day while she visits the dad. He feels she is old enough to be weaned. I observed baby nursing and she is a tipical toddler who is easily distracted, but definately takes the lead in nursing. I am planning on using the World Heath's recommendations, but have been asked why I do not "abide by" the AAP's recommendation of 1 year, which I tried to explain that does not mean cutting off nursing at one year, but that being the minimum standard. Any other ideas... Did I mention that I hate confrontation???

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2