Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 17:54:01 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (15 lines)
A quick introduction. My name is Mimi O'Donnell. I recently moved to York, PA. Previously hospital based LC in South Carolina. I'm a chronic lurker. That being said I just had to respond to Anne about the mother with weight loss. With my second baby I lost a lot of weight and weighed less than when I was in high school. My doctor never gave me a hard time it was worse...my mother. She convinced me that I wasn't gaining weight because my body was using everything it had to make milk. My daughter was approaching 3yrs at this time. I caved to the pressure and weaned my daughter. Two things happened when I weaned 1) my daughter developed allergy "shiners" under her eyes, and 2) I didn't gain any weight!! I finally started to gain 3 years after I weaned her. I also tried the ensure (GAG) and it didn't help at all. As I nurse my 20 month old now I find I have to eat high calorie food and I drink tons of juice. I am able to maintain a weight that is slightly below 'optimum'. I feel healthy now and I felt healthy then. I regret weaning my daughter and wouldn't do so again. This mom will definitely have to weigh her options, she might want to see a nutritionist who is supportive of nursing and can help her to come up with a plan that will work for her.
Mimi O'Donnell, R.N., I.B.C.L.C., LLLL

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2