Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 2010 21:41:58 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (47 lines)
I know I missed this whole topic and I read thru several replies. I thought well maybe I should share anyway. I have a reason and need your input as well , please, will share later, because recently a Dr TOLD me to give my current baby solids.

I have 6 children. I ecologically breastfeed...

DD (now 16) started solids at around 9 months (later learned she has lots of food allergies, allergies to colors and preservatives, dairy) She nursed till BEYOND 6 :) talked very early no problems except very spirited :) born in hospital no meds. ( I do think NOW she was SPD)

DD (now 13) started other foods around 13 months ( same food issues) nursed till past 5. normal speech. hospital birth no meds

DD (now 10) started other foods at 14 months (extremely fussy baby at 9 weeks I learned via a applied kinesilogist she had severe wheat/gluten soy and corn allergies so I eliminated all) she nursed till she was about 3. Homebirth

ds (now 7) started other foods at 14 months, we avoided all known foods that others were allergic too. HE was 9.1 at birth by 8 weeks he weighed 18 pounds. HE was and is a big boy (not over weight just big)
  Here is the interesting part we just started speech therapy a few weeks ago, the ped noticed speech issue I never "noticed" but thought he was regressing because dad recently deployed. HOMEBIRTH

dd (now 4) started other food at 14 months VERY fussy difficult baby. at 15 months was 'diagnosed with sensory processing disorder. Homebirth. nursed until past 3 but due to an abrupt hospitalization when I was pregnant with current baby she bascally weaned (tried after home but said yuck) :(still learning  and trying to figure her out.

ds  born at 34 weeks after forced induction (long story) latched on in NICU with in 48 hours. No bottles or pacifiers, he weighed 6 pounds went home at 5.4 he went home at 4 days old. SHocked the NICU.

HE is still nursing exclusively. Was extremely fussy, 'diagnosed' with colic. Had pooping issues. SLow gain compared to all my others and he nurses all the time (does not go longer than 2 hours).
At the end of February he got very sick, vomited 9 days was not even keeping breastmilk down, dehydrated tow ER trips and IV fluids. The alst trip to the local children hospital (long story short) they wanted a UA on him , forced a catheter in , retracted cleaned his foreskin :( so they could get a sterile catch even though I told them I could pee him in  cup they said no. IT was very traumatic and after that he would pee or poo for me in th epotty like he did before...

Fast forward a few weeks ago he started screaming when he urninated (I EC him) did a UA, Leukocytes 3 plus KEtones 2 plus...so ped is telling me he has no fever the UA culture was neg (friday) they Dr is telling me he is not pooping cause he is not getting enough from my breastmilk. The high ketones they say are because he is not getting enough protein from my milk....that he is taking protein from his muscle, he weighs 19 pounds 18 oz.

YEs I am rambling I guess I am sorry but one I am curious what you all think about MY baby, I was livid they suggest solids, they are telling me I am depriving him, not to think of him as  a preemie anymore? I explained how I did not feed the other children till they were beyond a year FULLTERM!  They are saying what some of you state that I am missing my window with him, that he will have food adversions and speech probelms. Well I am already was concerned with speech cause he JUST started saying momma and dadda and nana(for nursing)  I could go on but I do go back monday to the dr. BEcasue they want to see him after I was told to start food this past weekend they want to see if he gained weight. I have tried (avocado pear, ) he will try then push it out with his tongue. HE would pick up babaras breakfast O's and eat those but I HATE cereal  ( like raw foods) he would cram them in then spit a lot out. HE has not pooped since I helped him last week with a water enema.

Again I know I shared my experience and hope it is ok I ask about my concern too. IF not feel free to delete

Feel free to email me as I have a hard time getting on line [log in to unmask]

I will add the Pediatrician we use is great so this is why I am shocked.

Thanks a bunch!

Lisa Olschewske
LLL Leader 13 + years
working on  taking IBCLC exam next year!

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2