Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Nov 2015 09:05:18 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
Hi,

Has anyone in the US had success with securing Medicaid reimbursement for IBCLC services for outpatient and home visits via employment through a hospital system as a non-licensed professional? I ask frustrated for a colleague here in Ohio who has worked for a rural system via grant funding that will end on December 31st. The system is struggling as it is, serves a large Medicaid population and says they are unable to keep her after the grant funding runs out as there is no way to bill her services to Medicaid without a licensed background. I have read about the "incident to" billing if another license is involved, but, again, doesn't apply to this colleague. The USLCA site mentions a possibility of "inclusion of non-licensed preventative healthcare providers through CMS Medicaid State Plan Ammendments," as well as attaining licensure status as possible solutions. Has anyone attained ammendments mentioned? Licensure status here is in the learning stages with our state association. I am afraid there are no quick answers to this as I learn more but thought maybe someone has had some success with this out there. Thanks for any thoughts and solutions! 

Allyson Wessells, PT, IBCLC, LLLL
Columbus, Ohio 
www.naturalnurturinglc.com 

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2