Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2014 22:24:37 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (17 lines)
I am typing on my phone so please pardon the brevity.   I have a mom who is 2 weeks pp with a 36 week baby.  Mom has been pumping every 3 hrs since day 1and is currently on More Milk Special Blend and fenugreek .  Is at best able to pump 1 ounce and that is when baby won't latch.   Baby is beginning to latch with SNS and is transferring the 1 ounce plus SNS supplement.   No concerns about baby.   Mom and in discussed IGT today and she would like to have prolactin levels drawn as well as Thyroid panel.  Mom has hx of decade+ birth control pill use that resulted in galactorrhea prior to pregnancy.   So this low supply was not anticipated.   
  Her Midwife is willing to work with her but is not sure what to order.   Would someone be able to provide the types of tests to request as well as protocol (before or after feeding) and normal result ranges. 

She is willing to see Dr. Gabbay but can not really afford to go out of network and is hoping her Midwife will be her clinical person. Thank you. 
Lea Rivera Todaro

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2