Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2012 07:49:09 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (17 lines)
Love the sitting solution...reminds me of all the trouble I had pooping on European trips where they would have the old fashioned WC that was really just two foot spots with a hole in the ground...no sitting involved. 

I worked with a baby like this who did not stool frequently from the beginning. About once a week. THe baby was gaining well until about 2 mos where there was a period of very poor weight gain for a month which resolved. No cause was ever found but I wondered if the baby ate less sometimes due to a feeling of being really intestinely full. My advice would be to monitior weight gain really well and if no cause for the lack of stooling is ever discovered to consider giving this baby probiotics. I did not discuss them with mom I was working with because they weren't really on my radar screen at the time the way they are now, but it is worth a consideration. Also, get a breastfeedng friendly doctor involved in this situation!!!!

Kathy Lilleskov RN IBCLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2