Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:37:48 +1000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (25 lines)
Hello friends;
I posted several months ago about a patient I had followed during her pregnancy with PCOS and hyplasia. She delivered over the week-end. I went to her side when she came out of recovery. Delivered C/S. Baby 36 4/7 wks. 
6# 4 oz. I was at another facility and wanted to be a help to her and assist her in her breastfeeding plan. The baby was tachypnic, needed 02, but daddy was able to do some skin to skin with her since they use a nasal cannula on their babies. She was suctioned several times in which I had my concerns but of course could only wait in the background. When mom came to the unit. they wanted to feed the baby and I asked if we could express colostrum or since mom had a general could we bring her to the nursery and help her breast feed. They were cooperative and our sweet baby latched on well and nursed 45 min. This mom is so dedicated. She went to the nursery every 2-3 hrs whenever the baby was hungry. She pumped with a Lactina at the bedside
after feedings when she couldn't get there and the baby was cup fed. The baby was able to come to the bedside Tuesday after noon. Mom kept her skin to skin and let her baby nurse whenever she began to root, which was sometimes every 30 min to 2 hrs. The baby had antibiotics for pneumo, IV fluids for the antibiotics, then hep lock for antibiotics. Mom's milk was in Wed/ which was day 5. Anticipate going home tomorrow. Mom will be taking a Lactina home with her. She will begin goat's rue, Her OB put her on reglan 2nd day postpartum. I just wanted to update you. We are so far a success. Any and all of your suggestions are welcome.
 Another set of a problem, I received a call today from someone that will have her friend call me tomorrow regarding low milk supply. Has been drinking mother's milk tea apparently for some time now. Her baby is 7 months old and physcian will not prescribe reglan for 7 month old for her. I don't understand that logic and need help.
Thanks for all the great work you do.
Terri Klein RN CLE CLC

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
  Listen to over 20 online radio stations and watch over 5000 music videos on Yahoo! Music.

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2