Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 19:43:10 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (34 lines)
Dear Natalie and others who may be able to help.

I am helping a Russian mother, she doesn't speak very much English, so I have ordered Kay's Hoover's handouts.  She has a book from Russia
and it is white and pink and about 4 inches tall and fat.  Does anyone know if this is a current breastfeeding book or a BabyWise type parenting
book. She says her book is new and says that she is to feed baby only 6 or sometimes 7 times per day(in 24), and the amount to give is more
that of feeding a 5 pound baby, of course she has found he is taking much more.  Her little guy weighs 9 pounds 6 ounces at 9 days old, up 3
ounces in 2 days with the help of a pump.

I know she could use some encouragement and I feel she needs someone who can share the more frequent feeding kind of advice and that it is
ok for baby to want to eat alot.  She had very sore nipples that is why we tried a pump for a few days to alternate feeding and pumping to rest the
nipples, yes we worked on latch, too.  Unfortunately, now she wants to pump and bottle feed all the time and is having a hard time keeping up
with this big guy.  But, we are working on all that.  Her husband is American and knows no Russian, so we two try between us to help her
understand the information.

There was mention of a Russian parenting board and Natalie being a Russian LLL, in the archival posts.  So, if anyone can offer some
communication opportunities I would appreciate it, I am pretty sure she would be willing to talk over the internet, I believe that is how she came to
be here in the U.S.  Then I will share the information with her and she can contact whomever she likes.

Thank you, in advance,

Cheryl Marian

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2