Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 21:04:45 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (14 lines)
Laura Wright wrote:

<<<My cysts did respond to eliminating ALL caffiene from my diet, and were definately affected by hormones.  Mom way want to try this caffiene elimination...even though I have recently heard that caffiene is no longer believed to be a contributor, I know it worked for me.>>>

That's interesting; I had not heard that it is no longer thought that caffeine is a factor.  This is purely anecdotal, but... I  have cut all caffeine (well, there is still the occasional chocolate! ) out of my diet since I had a cyst and benign tumor removed from my breast before I conceived my daughter.  I am still nursing her (it's been 3 1/2 years since the surgery) and another cyst has developed in the same spot.  At this point (or, back in February when I saw my OB) it was too small to aspirate.  Anyway, recently while visiting family I ate a *lot* of chocolate brownies in one day and oh, did I ever pay for it!  I had a lot of pain around that cyst for a day or so after that; it was so bad I considered taking Tylenol at one point (but didn't.)  Anyway the point of my rambling is that research or no, I find that caffeine is a HUGE factor in pain.

Heather Davis     

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2