Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2007 07:17:28 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (24 lines)
Hi, my name is Dawn. I live in Odessa, Texas and have decided to begin my full-fledged pursuit to become an IBCLC. I have been nursing for 12 years (kept getting pregnant) and tandem nursed several times during those 12 years. I am currently nursing my 4 year old. (My family's story, including my husband's take, was published in the LLL magazine New Beginnings a while ago.)

I am a La Leche League Leader here in Odessa/Midland for over 6 years. I own a birthing center and I've been a Certified Professional Midwife for 6 years. 

I have had the privilege to work closely and admire the fortitude of our IBCLCs here in Odessa at our Level 3 hospital. They have been in the "front" for a while now and they are the first people I call on when a mother has a problem that Mother-to-Mother support doesn't help. They have a wonderful supporter at the hospital who helped get funding to become a Texas 10-step Mother-friendly hospital. Every August, the LCs and I join forces with other supporters of Breastfeeding to celebrate World BF Week at a local mall, where these marvelous women preside over our annual BF baby pageant.

I feel a deep sense of indebtedness to these LCs and hope to be as enduring as they are. 

So, now I am on this road to learn more intensively.  

Thank you for this group! 
  Dawn from Texas

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET email list is powered by LISTSERV (R).
There is only one LISTSERV. To learn more, visit:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2