Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2014 20:32:56 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (17 lines)
A mom with a term baby now 5 weeks old has developed hives progressively from her trunk to all over, even ears, in the last 2 days. Benadryl is not helping much. What she has found online and from her GP suggests it has to do with postpartum hormones and the only thing that resolves it is to wean. 
Anyone had experience with moms having hives? When I searched it did come up related to let-down. This doesn't seem to be related to that. 
She has been limiting her diet due to gassiness, cut out broccoli, onions, greens, cauliflower, dairy. Doesn't use soy milk. Has abundant supply (baby's gassiness might be due to OAMER--she never contacted me before the hives). She has eliminated some foods but says she hasn't added any new foods. 
One potential (hoping it might be this) is that her mom has been doing her laundry, including sheets. She is checking what detergent mom uses.
Thanks for any suggestions. She was happy for me to post to the list in hopes of wisdom coming from you.

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2