Lynn Shea <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:48:20 EST
Content-Type:
multipart/mixed
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (965 bytes) , text/plain (2354 bytes)
Hi all,
After reading the Tribune article, I contacted Mead Johnson to question an
obvious conflict in statements attributed to the public affairs spokesperson.
The statement asserted that both breastmilk and *Lipil* provide the *best*
nutrition for babies.
Below is the quoted spokeswoman's response to me........any ideas on if and
how I should respond?????
I feel particulary inclined to respond, briefly, to the *guilt inflictor*
assertion.....

Lynn Shea Rn,Bsn,Ibclc
Franklin,Massachusetts

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

Dear Ms. Shea, Thank you for contacting Mead Johnson regarding the March 9, 2003, Chicago Tribune article entitled, "Breast vs. Bottle Takes New Turn". There is no question that all of us at Mead Johnson are committed to promoting breast feeding and we believe that breast milk is the best nutrition for babies; it is the Gold Standard. In fact, I breast fed both of my daughters for 12 full months. However, if for some reason a mother cannot breast feed or chooses not to, we also believe that her baby deserves the best nutritional supplement or alternative. In our opinion, Enfamil LIPIL is the best choice because we pattern it after breast milk and it contains the highest levels of DHA and ARA of any other infant formula in the U. S. No formula comes closer to breast milk than Enfamil LIPIL. We also believe that how a mother chooses to feed her baby is a very personal decision - one that should be made with the support of family members and her health care professional. She should never be made to feel guilty or pressured when making this important decision. At Mead Johnson, we provide information on breast feeding as well as formula feeding so that mothers are informed and can make the best decision for themselves and their babies. I made our position regarding infant nutrition very clear to Ms. Deardorff during the interview however, the resulting story did not accurately reflect it. Again, I want to thank you for contacting Mead Johnson about this very important subject. Mead Johnson has been feeding babies for nearly 100 years and we are committed to sustaining and enhancing lives. We will not only continue to support breast feeding, but will remain steadfast in our assay to monitor scientific research and sponsor research studies in an effort to provide the best possible infant formula products. Warm regards, Gail Wood Manager, Public Affairs Mead Johnson Nutritionals.              *********************************************** To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest) To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet All commands go to [log in to unmask] The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM) mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to: http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2