Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 14:15:00 EDT
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (12 lines)
I was part of Walter Rogan's Infant Feeding Study in the late 1970-early 1980's. We had aour breastmilk tested for PCP, PCB, Dioxin and something else. I have those saved somewhere in a baby book. I that that I remeber that my levels were not outside the averages ranges.
The problem I had with his study is that I know what type of advise Peds were giving moms then in Easten NC about infant feeding (cereal to sleep through the night, early juice and solids, etc) and I doubt if very many of the "bfing" infants in his study were exclusively BF. I would bet that the other LLL leader and mine were the only exclusively Bf infants in his study.The bfing rate in WIC was 11% in 1990 in my county and less then that in the outlying counties.
The other problem I have about his study is that the mothers and bbies were brought in once a month or every two months and had to give a dietary recall. How many times we ate fish each week, etc. I can't remember what I had for lunch today, so my recall was pretty suspicious.
Barbara Whitehead, IBCLC
Eastern NC

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2