Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 08:36:08 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
I have come up with a new idea for a BF promotion project and want to enlist the help of the lactnet members.  I would like to compile a list of what the members or other BF advocates think are the top ten reasons to BF.  Maybe this has been done by somebody else before but I want this to be a summary of LACTNET and online people that respond to this  survey.  I intend to summarize these results  so that two differently worded reasons that are similar in intent will count as two votes for the same reason.

After I gather the survey information, I will make it available back to the lactnet members.  Then I would like to have volunteers that are bilingual, help me obtain translations of the list into non-English versions.  Eventually I would like to have this Master Multi Lingual List posted on the internet.

For the reasons on this list, I am thinking of reasons that I would want a prospective parent to read that would help to convince the parent that breastfeeding is the best.  Of course I know alot of the reasons as do all the people I have sent this to but I don't want this to be just  a list that I make up, I want it to be summarization of the opinions of many people.  Feel free to send this notice to other pro-BF people that you know that are not on LACTNET.  Obviously send the results to me via private email so that I don't have to extract the information from the LACTNET digests.  IT would be helpful if you could send the list in this format:
1.xxxxxx
2.xxxxxxx
3.xxxxxx
4. etc.
5.etc

I don't care if you list 10 items or 5 or 15.  I will total up the reasons and then list them from the most commonly accepted #1. reason to the #10 most commonly cited reason.

Your help and suggestions on this project are welcome.

Jon Ahrendsen MD FAAFP
Clarion, Iowa, USA

ATOM RSS1 RSS2