Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Mar 1998 13:44:43 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (7 lines)
I have been in and out of Lactnet a couple of times in the two years.  Had some baby girl twins come into my life 18 months ago (yes still breastfeeding), so I checked out of just about everything else but mothering for about a year.  Now, the internet IS my link to the outside world, especially being buried in 10 to 15 feet of snow this winter,it is melting, I hear the drip, drip, drip.  
I am a public health nurse in S. Lake Tahoe, Calif.  I do a lot of breastfeeding support up here prenatal, postpartum...Our only hospital in town unfortunately also practices as so many others out there (from the dark ages of the 60's and 70's minus the alcohol to cleanse the nipple).  Although there are nurses there that want to do the right thing, they often just don't know what the right thing is. Making some headway with the low income clinic nurse practitioners as one had a baby a year ago and has called me several times for bf advice and support.  She sees with new eyes now in the clinic.
I have gained comfort, direction and the strength to go on sometimes just from reading your posts which so often coincide with my own frustrations.  I have a total of five children ages 15,13,3 1/2 , and the 18 months old girls (who attended Jack Newman's Stockton conference when they were only 6 months old).  I work only part time as caring for the family is a big work load.  My dear husband works nights and spends sleepless days with the 3 little ones when I work (he gets very little cleaning, cooking or laundry done, but they read and play a lot).We look forward to spending our old age together!!!
It took me months to figure out how to turn off that html button then I lost my directions, found them again, but not sure if I translated my notes correctly.I'm sure I will hear about it, if I didn't!!!  
Will decide in the next two weeks if I will take that exam!  Not much time for study.  
Patty Murphy

ATOM RSS1 RSS2