Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 14:35:52 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
After much thought over the last 12-24 hours, I decided that maybe the answer to this whole IBCLC, CLC, CLE, etc. thing was starring me in the face... LN is a great resource for ALL lactation professionals, and for those just wanting to gain information, but I have yet to see a place where non-IBCLC lactation educators can feel welcomed all the time without feeling funny about posting some things.  We are embarking on a journey that will hopefully lead us to become IBCLCs, but we DO have to start somewhere.  So while I will always be on LN for the wealth of information it has, I thought it would be great to start a list for those of us who are not IBCLCs yet (or who never want to be).  This list will be for supporting one another, it will be a place to discuss continuing education opportunities so that we are not accused of being inadequately trained, and it will be for venting ones frustrations in a private forum.  The list is moderated (currently by me, but I am hoping to have some volunteers to help), and only people of the lactation field will be welcomed.  That will include LLLL, CLEs, CLCs, and other lay/peer educators.    Please note: The new list is in NO way a replacement for this one, I see it more as a supplement for those of us who need more peer support.  I hope that some of the educators here will come and join.   To subscribe to the new list, send an email to [log in to unmask] . If you have any questions, feel free to email me privately.

Melisa
~*~*~*~*~
Did you hear? Breast is Best!
Certified Lactation Counselor
Student Midwife
Alternative Medicine Counselor in Training
Childbirth Educator
www.nurturingmama.com

Mom to Harry who changed my life,
Jacob who changed my spirit, and
Elleanor who changed my soul.

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2